Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 7 & Assessment 1



Week seven's tutorial exercise was concerned with the theme of "space" with the use of the Camera in AE. I didn't do it because at the time I was working on my first assessment; and because I used so much of the Camera, I felt like I didn't need to go back and do the tutorial exercise. So I've uploaded my first assessment as proof that I do know how to use the camera and place 3D layers in space. I'll admit I'm not very happy with some of the camera movements, they come across as robotic, got to make it smoother. I will experiment more when I work on my final assessment as the Camera will play an integral part in it.

Here is a link to a credit sequence for a short film that Motion Graphics practitioner Brian Alvarez created. I love how fluid the camera is. That is what I aim to achieve for my final creative piece.

Sorry, but you have to click on the "View" link below all the screen shots taken from his credit sequence. There's no direct link to it.
http://www.brianalvarez.tv/motion-graphics/what-is-a-picture/

No comments:

Post a Comment