Friday, May 15, 2009

Video References for Assessment 3



I want some of my brush strokes to reveal themselves like how the first few branches in this animation appear to be painted. I think it is done with something called "write on" in AE. I'll have to research more and see if it does what I think it does, if it does, it'll be tremendously useful when I animate my final assessment piece.

Same goes for this animation, the first 15 seconds of it is what I hope some segments of my animation will look like. There was definitely some 3D stuff going on because the paint looks 3D and I won't be able to do that. Maybe it was photographed instead of scanned? Still trying to break it down and analyse how he did it. It looks really cool.



In the comments down the bottom in youtube, the animator said she separated the lines into their own layers in Photoshop and then in AE, used the "write on" tool to make it appear the way it does. Like what I said about the Living Canvas video above, I'll have to assess if this feature would be of use to me and make the concept for my final project achievable.

Experimental painting animation from János Héjja on Vimeo.

This was definitely stop motion painting and has nothing to do with AE, but I've posted it here just as a reference to what I meant when I said in my synopsis that I want my brush strokes to look real. I want it to be obvious that the brush strokes were not created in a computer program, it was created the traditional way... with tangible tools.


Spray Paint Animation from Robert Beasley on Vimeo.

The only reason I posted this video is because I liked the effect from 0.06-0.07 (how the lines "melt" into paint and then become a hand with a spray can). It may be something I can use in my final assessment, once I do some research and figure out how it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment