Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 4 - Tagline and animation

My group came up with the tagline "Mount Tamborine - Nature's music" in class. The images I used are Creative Commons images. Through this exercise I learnt the importance of masking, which is something I've had to do in all my animations ever since, it's a great tool!

I also learnt how to go into the graphs and play with the little "handles" on the keyframes to make things look (in some ways) more "organic".



Overall, I'd say I'm pretty happy with this, except for the part where the camera zooms into the piano and musical notes come out. Looking back on it, I realised that you barely see the notes! I travels off screen way too fast! But at least the next frame's got an entire manuscript in it so I suppose it's still ok? Well... too late now, can't change it because I don't have AE on my computer.



This video was nice and short and also had a short message at the end of it. And when I saw it, I thought it was a good example of masking, and therefore linked it to this tutorial exercise. My animation also has images popping up out of nowhere, like in this video, and it's obvious the animator tweaked the scale graphs like I did in mine.



I thought this animation was fairly simple to do and flowed well with the audio. It also shows how creative you can get with masking and replacing the masked out bits with other images. The camera movement and the 3D layers worked in its favour too.

No comments:

Post a Comment